June 9, 2017. 9 am

We left the hotel and walked to McDonalds.  An exciting story to follow but we're heading into Universal Studios.
The workers were very nice and helpful.  After I'd ordered with Becky using a BOGO coupon for two sandwiches the cashier told me if I'd fill out a survey I would get a free sandwich...not that I needed two but she was so nice I couldn't say no. 10 min later I finished the survey and sat down to eat and wait on my free sandwich. I walked up later to get it and the manager gave us 4 free pies to try and let him know if we liked them.  They were blueberry cream cheese and FABULOUS. We finished them and started picking up. I walked over to pour out my drink and as I turned back around to the table a woman grabbed my arm and pointed to the door saying 'that man just stole your phone.'  You know how you may be unsure whether you will fight or flight in a stressful situation? Well I now know I will fight!! I ran to the door with a McDonald's worker that saw what was happening. The man was still outside the door getting on a bicycle attached to a cart on the back. I yelled "hey Dude" as I got out the door and remember looking down in the basket wondering how I'd get him to let me search thru the stuff. Then I see my phone in his hand holding the handlebars. So I yelled "that's my phone". He said lady that ain't your phone. We did this a couple times and by now all the workers and manager have come out. He let me take the phone to which I said it is too my phone...see my picture?   He rode away. The workers hugged me and kept asking if I was ok. Where were my travel companions??  Well..Shari thought I was out talking to and helping out the homeless. Becky heard the commotion and saw her shirt (I was wearing it today) and wondered what I was doing. Karen was getting a refill and missed it all.

Universal Studios Hollywood
This is a must do for anyone visiting Hollywood. I had never been and really loved everything. We arrived about 10 am. We saw each of the three shows. Animal Actors. Water World (awesome pyro and action) and Special Effects. We saw Shrek 4D, Simpsons, Harry Potter, got Butter Beer, Universal Studio Tour, Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic Park water ride. I even rode the water ride and the Shrek 4D even tho I sat in a stationary chair :)  The waits weren't horrible and after 7 pm we were able to just run up to rides and get on.

In and Out Burger. We had our first.  We had burgers and fries and drinks all for $21. It was so yummy. We ate in the car on the way to the hotel. Only Karen didn't get to enjoy hers until we got to the hotel.

In bed again by midnight :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 11, 2017. 10 am

June 13, 2017. 8 am

June 12, 2017. 9:30 am